"How to know which tutor is best for you"
20 Jul 2017 ,Teacher,Team Tutago
Tutoring does a great job at accelerating your understanding, improving your academic standards, increasing your confidence, and making yourself more focused and concentrated. But all this can be achieved only when you choose the right kind of tutor for yourself. If the tutor isn't right then it results in complete wastage of your money. If he is lazy, irregular, unable to approach your doubts the correct way and has any other such inappreciable qualities, then you might have made a wrong choice in choosing the tutor according to your needs. This, in turn, not only does waste your money but also in some cases does degrade our initial levels of knowledge about things and stuff.
In this article, you will get to know how to choose the right kind of tutor for yourself. Below mentioned are some important points that will help regarding that aspect.
- Whether the tutor is approachable or not – Most students usually have a very strong fear of the subject and of the teacher too. That is why they abstain themselves from asking their doubts and queries during the class hours, thinking that the teacher will scold them or mock at their doubts. For home tutoring, you need someone whom you can trust and open up regarding your doubts and problems. If your tutor can ease your fear of the subject and renew your interest in the same, then the person is the right kind of tutor for you.
- If you are choosing a tutor for your kid, talk to your child first regarding this – If you are worried that your child has not been able to give his/her best performance then you are right to think about the fact that he/she might need a tutor to help them perform their best. But, even though you feel that it's right, you should still talk to your kid about it. Approach him/her in a gentle manner by saying things like providing them with little academic help to ease out their studies related doubts. Know that opening up to a new person is always a difficult task for every kid. So, unless and until they feel comfortable with the tutor, your kid will feel shy about sharing their silly doubts, problems, and confusions with the tutor.
- It’s best to make sure that the tutor is a trained teacher – Very often, older students who are good at the subject take up the job of tutoring for earning some extra bucks. But, that isn’t a good kind of tutor to go for. As these older students lack the knowledge regarding how to converse with a student, how to approach them regarding their doubts, how to point out their mistakes in the correct manner, how to help them correct those mistakes easily, and how to prevent them from making the same academic mistakes over and over again. Also, profound experience in a certain line of work is also hugely beneficial for yourself or your kid.
- Consider your priorities – When you talk about tutoring, then different people may have their own choices. Some like the idea of private tutoring while some prefer tutoring centers, while some opt for online tutoring. Each one has its own advantage and disadvantages. Make sure that you are thoroughly aware of all of them, and then decide which one is the best for your needs.
- Choose the correct time – In between the long school durations, the extra-curricular activities, the project work, the never-ending homework, the child hardly finds any time for sleep, rest, or recreational fun. So, make sure that the timing of the tuitions is such that it does not make them feel more burdened.